8 Important reasons to let go of people who no longer play an important part in your life:
There comes a point in every person’s life when he or she parts ways with someone: ex, friend and anyone in between.
Upon first meeting this person, there’s a sweet beginning, but once you come to really know each other and grow comfortable, you suddenly realize that the relationship no longer brings any particular value to your life and is perhaps, even detrimental.
Sometimes, we hold on to people purely based on how long we have known them. Time can tie people together, but if you feel as though there’s nothing substantial keeping you connected, time is not a strong enough reason to hold on to something that’s simply no longer worth holding onto.
We grow complacent with people once we’re comfortable with them. But, hanging onto someone for the pure sake of it and because you don’t know anything else isn’t a good enough reason.
Fear is another reason why we can’t move on. There’s the fear of being alone and not being able to find someone else; fear of someone using our deepest and darkest secrets as blackmail; fear of the hate and tension that will ensue; fear of regret once someone is gone.
1. Let go because things are not the same anymore…. you no longer connect.
2. Let go because the trust and loyalty is no longer there.
3. Let go because you are no longer clear of where things stand.
4. Let go if the friendship or relationship is damaging you.
5. Let go if you simply don’t see eye to eye.
6. Let go if you’re the one fighting to make it work.
7. Let go if he or she doesn’t encourage you or believe in you.
8. Let go if the relationship isn’t bringing you what you want or need.