What is Meditation? A state of deep peace that occurs when the mind is calm and silent.
It sounds blissful, doesn’t it? Here are some of the benefits of meditation:
- Creates serenity of mind
- Creates emotional strength that helps fight against negative feelings of anger and tension
- Boosts feelings of happiness
- Expands intuition through improved clarity
- Improves focus and concentration
- Promotes calmness
- Reduces inflammation in the physical body – Relaxation turns off the stress response
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts levels of serotonin that improves mood
- Reduces stress-related ailments such as headaches and insomnia
- Improves energy levels
I teach several different types of meditation. I may use one type of meditation in a session or several.
Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness meditation is following the breath. Pay attention to the breath, and when the mind wanders, return.
Guided Meditation: You listen while I take you through a series of relaxing visualizations. As you listen you become more relaxed and stress and tension melt away and your mind becomes clearer.
Mantra Meditation: A mantra is a word or phrase repeated over and over as a way of focusing your mind and avoiding distractions. For example, “Peace” or “I feel free”.
Body Scan Meditation: Its purpose is to become aware of, and relaxing, different regions of the body. The objective is to see your body as a perfect whole, united by your breath that is flowing in and out of your body.
Loving Kindness Meditation: Method by which we progressively develop loving-kindness toward yourself, then progressively toward others and then all beings.