Why Sound Healing?
Historians believe that metal working artisans perfected the techniques for making Tibetan Singing Bowls nearly 2,500 years ago at the time of the Buddha. There is a tradition of oral history that tells us that the history of the bowls goes back to the 8th century A.D. They are called singing bowls simply because they can be made to “sing”.
You lie down very comfortably on a massage table and I place seven bowls representing seven musical notes on or next to the body. I tap the bowls very gently in a specific order for relaxation or to help energy flow in the body.
Different bowls correspond to different chakras, and produce different notes on the musical scale.
What are Chakras? The seven chakras are the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our chakras can lead to illness, so its important to keep the energy flowing freely.
Root Chakra: Located at the base of the spine
- Represents our feeling of being grounded and issues such as financial independence, money and food
Sacral Chakra: Located at lower abdomen
- Represents our ability to connect with others, well-being and sexuality
Solar Plexus Chakra: Located at upper abdomen
- Represents our ability to be confident and in control of our lives and self-esteem
Heart Chakra: Located at center of chest
- Represents our ability to love and experience joy and inner peace
Third Eye Chakra: Located at forehead between the eyes
- Represents our intuition and wisdom
Crown Chakra: Located at top of head
- Represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually
The sound healing sessions are relaxing and restorative in addition to being healing.